Wow, these were the best pulled tacos I have made. I cooked them in a pot, low and slow, and “pulled” them using a new trick- a handheld mixer! Of course, they were made even more delicious by using ButcherBox organic and free range chicken tenders. More on an amazing BB promo at the bottom.
SO onto the directions:
- Put a large pot or pan on medium-heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil
- Once the oil is hot, add 1tbsp garlic and 1/2 sliced red onion
- Stir the onion and garlic with a wooden spoon and add salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and cook until onions begin to caramelize
- Add 2 sliced red peppers to the pot and stir
- Add 2 packages of ButcherBox chicken tenders (about 12-20 chicken tenders)
- Pour in the entire bottle of honey aleppo sauce and turn the stove on low heat
- Let cook for 2 hours
- Once chicken is fully cooked, take the chicken out of the pot and put into a large mixing bowl. Shred chicken in SECONDS by using a hand mixer!
- Add the chicken back into the pot and let flavors really combine for another 30 mins while stove is still on low
- Serve with cilantro, a squeeze of lime, raw red onion, and any other toppings you like (salsa, sour cream, cheese, etc)
ALSO! Right now ButcherBox has an AMAZING promotion going on. New members get a FREE turkey when they sign up. If you’re having a friendsgiving or obvi for Thanksgiving, you should definitely take advantage of this promo. I love ButcherBox so much because I always have organic, grassfed meats in my freezer. It comes in handy during these times when we should be going to the grocery store less. Also a plus regarding this deal: all of the turkeys come from the US of A, baby.